Gardeners' Gathering 2014
Our 7th Annual Gardeners' Gathering took place on Saturday, March 1, 2014 at the Historic Blue Goose Fruit Shed in Loomis. This daylong celebration of gardening featured five inspiring speakers and lots of fun activities.
The speakers have graciously given us permission to post their presentations. These are for your reference only and may not be reproduced without the express permission of the owners.
- Donn Reiners, Horticulturist and Photographer, presented , Cacti and Succulents—I ain't killed 'er yet
- Janet Thew, Volunteer Habitat Ambassador for National Wildlife Federation, presented, Sharing Your Garden With Wildlife
- Nancy Gilbert, Education Chair, Redbud Capter of CA Native Plant Society and Co-owner of Far West Bulb Farm, presented, Creating Bird Friendly Landscapes
- Kevin Marini, Master Gardener Programs Manager, UCCE Placer and Nevada Counties, presented, Top Ten Veggie Growing Tips
- Cheryl Buckwalter, Executive Director, EcoLandscape California and Designer & Consultant, Landscape Liaisons, presented, Water and the New California Landscape
The agenda for this fun-filled day is included here, 7th Annual Gardeners Gathering
Pictures taken at our recent Gardeners' Gathering provided by Placer County Master Gardener Pauline Sakai.
Attendees at the 2014
Gardeners' Gathering event
Cheryl Buckwalter, Executive Director,
Falcon courtesy of
Gold Country Wildlife Rescue